Pages

Sunday, 2 October 2016

One Month- What's Next?

Officially one month, until I depart Korea and set off for my next adventure. Feels absolutely surreal to say it. I will be heartbroken to leave this place I've called home for the past two years, but I feel the timing is right to move on to what's next.

So, what is what's next you ask?!

November 2

November 2nd, I will fly out to Hanoi, Vietnam. I will spend 10 days exploring northern Vietnam and all it's beauty, with one of my closest friends here in Korea!

What I'm looking forward to most: trekking in Sapa, Halong Bay, and Vietnamese cuisine (egg coffee, Vietnamese iced coffee, Banh mi, all of the Pho). The rest is up in the air! Any suggestions are welcome :)

Rice terraces of Sapa

Egg coffee (think: meringue)

November 13

November 13th I will fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, as part of a layover on my way to Australia. I purposefully chose an extra long layover so I could have enough time to make it worth it to leave the airport and check out KL! 

What I'm looking forward to most: treating myself to a fancyshmancy hotel with a rooftop infinity pool, the Petronus Towers at night, and of course, food. 


November 14

18 hours later, I will head back to the airport and start my flight to Australia! I'll be flying into Sydney, and spending a few days there. Then, I will head to MELBOURNE, where one of my closest friend's is currently living. 




What I'm looking forward to most: being in an English speaking/Westernized country again, coastal walks, spontaneity, and being fully immersed in what is apparently the coolest city on the planet- Melbourne. 

My plans for Australia and how long I'll be there are pretty up in the air, and depend on certain factors. While I'm there, I will be applying for my working holiday visa for NEW ZEALAND, and getting my medical check/chest x-ray completed for that. 

Beyond

As I mentioned above, if all goes as planned, I'll be heading to New Zealand on a working holiday visa around December. I am SO excited for this.



What I'm most excited for, and potential plans: participating in HelpX, gorgeous scenery that reminds me of west coast Canada, Kiwi Kindness, Wellington, ski towns, hiking, renting a campervan. 

I have so many ideas of what I want to do running through my head, but we shall see what happens! 

Future of Laura2Korea

Short answer- yet to be determined? I have been wracking my brain for months deciding on a general travel blog name, a place where I can continue to share my travels. Until I decide on one, I'll keep updating through this blog. 


I hope everyone back home is doing well. I think about you all the time and miss you all! Sending hugs.

Lots of love, and stay tuned for what's next.

-L2K 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laur, Wow your wings just keep growing, I'm so proud of you! I have a feeling you're going to love Vietnam and New Zealand, both with such beautiful scenery. Australia - well, look out for all those venomous critters! I remember seeing the Petronus Towers on The Amazing Race and marvelling at the SkyBridge. Actually, I was probably marvelling more at the people brave enough to walk on it, I don't think I could!

    When I was reading your post and saw the title "Beyond", it made me think of a new name for your Blog, L2K and Beyond!

    Enjoy your last month in Korea and take lots of pictures of the little ones for me. I'm amazed at everything you have seen and done over the past two years and so happy that you were brave enough to go! Let the adventure continue...
    Love you,
    Mwahhhh

    ReplyDelete