Pages

Friday, 14 November 2014

New Home Starting to Feel Like Home!

Even though I've been in Korea for over 3 weeks, I only moved in to my apartment about 9 days ago. Since then it has been a constant cycle of organizing/buying more stuff/making more of a mess. I am relieved and happy to finally say that I think I am all settled in! Now that my home is no longer embarrassing, it's time to show it off!


 Bed/window/wardrobe/desk


Closet! Hey look Mom and Dad, everything fits!


A little shrine to Korea I've got going on- 2 plants, bamboo, cute/scary Korean doll. Also featured: books.

Spotted: miniature ironing board.

TV & Drawers featuring mini Christmas tree. Still have not figured out how to work the TV or if I even have cable. Maybe one day I'll figure it out!

The "still a disaster/can't find a home for anything" side of the room. The suitcases are a pain, but I'm used to them by now. Plus they are being used as extra storage!


Fridge & Sliding room separating doors.

Fruit Bowl & Coffeemaker. Essential.

Kitchen!

And last but not least, the famous bathroom! One stop shop folks. Shower, sink, laundry and toilet all in one room. It was definitely weird at first, but I'm getting used to it! The sandals are a must.

Well, that's all for now! I have so many ideas for future blog posts I can't wait to share with you all. Slowly coming together through jotting notes down on my phone's memo pad. 

It's currently 10:50 on Friday night here in Korea, and after talking a nice walk through the neighbourhood, stopping by the dollar store, cleaning up the apartment, and making this blog post, I think I will soon call it a night. Happy weekend! 

- L2K

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo!

    I LOVE what you've done with your space! Very nice indeed!
    I think we'll need to move those suitcases in order to make space for a bed on the floor when I come to visit next year :-)
    As I type here, there is a snow squall coming through the south end of the city.....big fluffy looking flakes coming to rest on the balcony.....

    Thanks for sharing your space in pictures, well done!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    XO
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ironing board! It almost makes me want to iron my clothes. :) Lovely apartment. I thought you lived with a roommate; it's nice you have this space just for you. I assume most of the furniture came with the place too? And the alphabet magnets? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely nice to have my own space! And you are correct, the apartment came fully furnished (appliances and magnets included!) The person living there before me also left some useful things, like a yoga mat, umbrella, rack to dry your clothes, etc!

      Delete